On no other tour you can experience Bali so active and close to nature. 4 days / 3 nights. Weekly departure in small groups. Min 2 and maximum of 8 participants.
Day 1) Volcanoes and waterfalls
* Nightly pick-up from your hotel in South Bali at 1:00 pm for a night transfer to the mountain village of Kintamani to hike up Bali's most spectacular volcano.
* Accompanied by your tour guide and a local mountain guide, you follow the ascent path from extinct lava sand for about 2 hours up to the crater, from where you can expect the sunrise over the island. The duration of descent is also about 2 hours.
* Enjoy a small picnic breakfast box with freshly brewed coffee or tea at the crater rim.
* After the descent we drive to a waterfall for a cool dip/swimming/ cliff jumping 3-5m possible.
* Have a picnic lunch by the waterfall.
* The north route to the west leads us through the grapevine region of Bali into the coastal village Pemuteran.
* In the small pool of a cozy homestay we will end the first day of our active round trip.
Include: (Breakfast box at the crater + for lunch a picnic at the waterfall + dinner in one local restaurant – not included drinks)
Hiking time: 5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain climate. Difficulty: Medium ++
Day 2) West Bali National Park + Snorkeling + Jungle
* After breakfast, a leisurely 1.5-2 hour walk through the monsoon forest of West Bali National Park. Our experienced ranger guides us through his territory and shares his broad knowledge of the local flora
and fauna. With luck, we see deer / Menjangan, monkeys, the giant squirrel and the very rare Bali Starling, an endangered, white songbird, ...
* This morning walk on natural trails ends at the beach. Here we have the opportunity to admire the nature of the underwater world while snorkeling. The long pier down to the deep makes snorkeling and swimming in the sea more comfortable. Snorkeling equipment can be rented on-site for a fee. Because of the different sizes, we recommend bringing your own snorkeling equipment, at least the mask, and the
* After snorkeling, have lunch at a restaurant in the national park. The restaurant has a fantastic infinity pool with panoramic sea views.
* At 1.30 pm at the latest, we drive to Central Bali to the protected rainforests in the nature reserve of Mt.Batukaru.
* Upon arrival, we will take a 60-minute hike through the wilderness and cross a river to the Sang Janggala Jungle Camp (SJC), far in the jungle.
* At Sang Janggala Jungle Camp, we stay overnight in nature, simply and in cozy hammocks (Small Dom tents can be organized by appointment).
* The special hammocks with integrated mosquito nets, hanging freely above the ground, protected against any annoying insects and other crawling or flying creatures.
* Dinner around the campfire with self-collected, edible plants like manioc roots or yam, ferns, coffee leaves or banana stem conjured up to soup. For dessert steamed bananas in coconut milk with red natural palm sugar.
* Make yourself your cutlery, drinking pots and your dining bowl out of bamboo.
Included: (Breakfast + lunch in a restaurant in the National Park
(drinks not included for lunch) + dinner around the campfire in
the Jungle Camp.) Hiking time: 3 hours. Climate: Pleasant
mountain climate. Difficulty: Simple – medium
Day 3) Jungle survival techniques + Sang Giri Glamping + Cooking Class
* After a breakfast practicing of some basic survival in the wilderness (choose a safe way to build shelter, bow making, and fire making, ...)
* 2,5 hours morning walk through the dense jungle. Interesting explanations of the wonderful flora like spices such as cinnamon, vanilla, pepper, cloves, wild ginger and the cherished drinks
coffee and cocoa.
* The jungle hike ends at Sang Giri Glamping Camp, a small, very comfortable tent resort in a jungle landscape panoramic view.
* Check-in after lunch. Stay in comfortable, African tents with private bathroom and rain shower. The tented terrace with a wooden floor and cozy day bed offer you a very nice view of the rainforest-covered mountain range of Mt.Batukaru.
* At 17: 30 meeting point in the restaurant for a cooking class. A local cook from Sang Giri shows and explains how the beloved Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is done right. An Indonesian salad and the fried bananas for dessert. The meal cooked by the guests is served as their dinner, romantic by candlelight. By the fire with a glass of wine, you can let the day fade away.
Include: (Jungle Breakfast + Survival Techniques with Bamboo + 2,5 hr Rainforest Walk +
Lunch at Sang Giri + Cooking Class + Romantic Candlelight Dinner)
Hiking time: 2,5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain climate. Difficulty: Medium
Day 4) Balinese country life in the village + rice field hike + plow a rice field with a water buffalo
* Cozy breakfast with our own Sang Giri coffee or garden cocoa, home-made jam, fresh sang Giri bread and local eggs.
* After check-out, short transfer to the starting point of a 1-1.5-hour hike through the beautiful rice terraces which is still a UNESCO World
* In a mountain village we visit some houses and learn how the important flower offering bowls are made of palm leaves,
* In another house, we will help to traditionally grind and roast the fragrant Bali Coffee. Of course, you can try the coffee as well.
* At noon we help a rice farmer to plow and plant his rice field with a water buffalo. A clear mountain stream can be washed.
* Last but not least enjoy local cook served for your lunch in a small open kitchen at the rice field.
* Air-conditioned return to your booked hotel in South Bali.
Include : (Breakfast + rice field hike + visit of a mountain village and visit of some local houses + help to plow and plant the rice field with a water buffalo + lunch in a small open kitchen at the rice field)
Hiking time: 1 – 1.5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain climate.
Difficulty: Simple to medium.
If you have any questions, please contact us.