A short trekking round trip through Bali. 3 days / 2 nights
Weekly departure in small groups. Min 2 and maximum of 8 participants.
Day 1) Volcanoes and waterfalls
* Shortly after midnight at 01:00 am. Pick up from your hotel in south Bali for a night drive to the mountain village of Kintamani to hike up Bali’s most spectacular volcano for sunrise over the island.
* Accompanied by your tour guide and a local mountain guide, you follow the ascent path extinct lava sand for about 2 hours up to the crater, from where you await the sunrise.
* A breakfast box with freshly brewed coffee or tea chases off the cool mountain temperatures whiles waiting for the daybreak.
* After the ascent, we drive to Sang Giri Glamping Tent Resort with a stop at Nung Nung Waterfall.
* Lunch in a local restaurant.
* Afternoon arrival at Sang Giri and check-in.
* At 18:00 meeting at the restaurant for a cooking demonstration. A cook from Sang Giri shows and explains how the beloved Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is done right. The cooked meal will be served as dinner.
* Overnight in comfortable and spacious African house-tent style with private bathrooms. The large tent terrace is with a wooden floor and has a cozy day bed, offers a very nice view of the rainforest and mountains.
Hiking time: 5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain climate. Difficulty: Medium ++
Meals: B/L/D. Program: Volcanic ascent + waterfall
Day 2) Morning trekking through dense rainforest + afternoon trekking through Bali’s most beautiful rice fields.
* Cozy breakfast with Sang Giri’s coffee or red rice tea, homemade jam, fresh Sang Giri’s bread, and local eggs.
* 1,5 – 2hrs through dense rainforest explanation about the colorful flora and its use.
* Lunch at Sang Janggala Jungle Camp with a tasty jungle food menu; roots, ferns, young coffee leaves and chicken in bamboo.
* After lunch follows 2,5 – 3 hrs trekking through Bali’s most beautiful terrace rice fields to Sang Tirta, a nice little resort in the rice fields where we will overnight in a cozy wooden hut.
* At 17:00 meeting at the restaurant for a tea break and a demonstration on how to make rice to a delicious
* Dinner at restaurant and enjoy the evening at your private terrace listen to the sound of the nocturnal wilderness.
Hiking time: 4,5 - 5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain
climate. Difficulty: Medium
Meals: B/L/D. Program: Rainforest trekking + Rice
Day 3) Cultural Balinese Village Living + rice field hike + plow
a rice field with a water buffalo
* Cozy breakfast in nature surroundings with fresh brewed local coffee or red rice tea, homemade jam, fresh bread, and local eggs.
* Morning walk through Belulang a mountain village, to witness rural country life.
* When visiting some houses in the village, we learn how important offering bowls are made of palm leaves.
* In another house we help to paint and roast the fragrant Bali coffee, and of course you can also try the coffee.
* At the close by rice field, we help a farmer to plow his paddy’s field with a water buffalo to plant it later. In a clear mountain stream river, your
feet can be cleaned again.
* Lunch in Sang Tirta Farm Living Resort
* Air-conditioned transfer return to your booked
hotel in South Bali.
Hiking time: 1 – 1.5 hours. Climate: Pleasant mountain climate. Difficulty: Easy
Meals: B/L. Program: Cultural eco walk through a Balinese mountain village.
If you have any questions, please contact us.